Q. What is Physical Therapy and how is it different than other professions?
A. Physical Therapy is a unique profession that integrates several different types of treatment approaches for different diagnosis to facilitate the quickest and safest return to function. By using a comprehensive approach, a physical therapist is able to match the appropriate treatment for the appropriate patient with the appropriate condition. Because patients have different goals and no two conditions are exactly alike, our physical therapists use an individualized evaluation system to meet the needs of each patient.
- The philosophy is to HELP PATIENTS HELP THEMSELVES. As patients reach their goals in physical therapy, they are also taught home exercise programs and are given strategies for preventing additional injuries.
- The goals are to relieve pain, restore movement and function, and prevent further injury.
- Physical Therapy incorporates pain-easing and anti-inflammatory modalities, BOTH soft tissue and joint mobilization, exercise prescription, balance and agility activities.
- Our clinic specializes in musculoskeletal disorders such as neck/back injuries, strains/sprains, post-operative rehabilitation, and exercise prescription including “core stabilization”.
- Physical Therapy helps people lead more active and independent lives!
Q. Who is a Physical Therapist?
A. A Physical Therapist is someone who has completed 4-6 years of formal education and residency from a nationally accredited program and is licensed to practice physical therapy.
Q. When should I see a Physical Therapist?
A. If you have pain that interferes with your daily, normal tasks and your ability to function. If you have loss of strength, range of motion, balance, endurance associated with injury, surgery, or disuse.
Q. Do I need a prescription or referral?
A. In the state of Georgia, a prescription is required for physical therapy treatment by the licensing agencies and most insurance companies, BUT YOU CAN HAVE AN INITIAL PHYSICAL THERAPY CONSULTATION WITHOUT A PRESCRIPTION.
Q. How do I get a prescription for physical therapy?
A. If you have seen a doctor, you can request a prescription. If you are not able to get a prescription from your doctor or have not seen a doctor and would like a recommendation, our office will provide you with names of the top physicians who specialize in your condition.
Q. I have a prescription for physical therapy, but it is for a different physical therapy clinic. Can I still come to The Sports Rehabilitation Center?
A. YES! You have the choice to go to any physical therapy clinic you choose, provided it is covered by your insurance.
Q. How do I know if my insurance will cover physical therapy at The Sports Rehabilitation Center?
A. You can call your insurance or call us. Our office will verify all insurance benefits for you and provide you with a detailed assessment of your coverage BEFORE you come in for treatment.